Development & Innovation
Development & Innovation Office
WHO WE ARE
We envision a sustainable future.
Development and Innovation Office has provided short and long – term goals to achieve the aforementioned objective of the University.
To support these goals, the Development and Innovation is classified into two divisions, the Regional Development Centers and the BulSU Sparks Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The 10 Regional Center will surely unleash the potential of the University in regards of innovation, research, and income generation. The anticipated output in every Development Center will inevitably bring success to the University. For this to happen, they will have a Knowledge/Technology Transfer Division that will cascade existing and newly develop products & services this will be the general framework for all the Development Centers. While the BulSU Sparks Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship will handle all major marketing and commercialization strategy for all the product and services that will be developed by other centers although individual center will still have a mechanism to offer its services and generate income. Thus, a detail plan that synchronizes the sustainable mechanism of all the innovation centers and BulSU Sparks marketing and commercialization strategy will be crafted.
FUNCTIONS AND SERVICES
The Development and Innovation Office mainly aims to conduct research studies for the creation of new knowledge that leads to the development of human capital and social transformation within and beyond institutional premises and will uphold the core values of honesty, integrity, and service.
- Formulate policies, guidelines, and mechanisms in the conduct of development and research activities in the University.
- Provide leadership and set directions for development & innovation through the RDCs and IECs.
- Create support systems and efficient processes to increase engagement in development & innovation.
- Develop, manage and maintain a database of development & Innovation activities.
- Review and recommend the approval of project proposals espoused by the RDCs, IECs, and Academic Units of the University.
- Monitor and evaluate programs and projects of Research & Development Centers and Innovation & Entrepreneurial Centers.
- Build partnerships with private or public agencies, industries, and other educational institutions.
- Enhance, manage and protect the intellectual property interests of the RDCs, IECs, and collaborating researchers.
- Promote ethical and responsible conduct of all development & innovation activities.
Regional Development Centers